March 27, 2014
March 17, 2014
January 06, 2014
Year’s Resolutions are being made. You’re anticipating all sorts of good changes and improvements. You’ve got your goals all mapped out and you’re feeling amped to watch the magic unfold.
But hold on there ambitious one. If you’re gonna play your cards right, there’s one thing you absolutely MUST understand. And that is…
The difference between goal setting and goal GETTING.
My guess is the latter is what you’re after. I mean, sure, it’s fun to set an intention or make a bold declaration, but when it’s all said and done, you want to enjoy the unfolding, the adventure of the journey, and of course the results that conscious creation and clear intentions can bring you, yes? Good.
Okay, so let’s say that you’re “pre-paving” a year down the road.
- You’re anticipating that you’ll be more joyful and clear minded in your relationships.
- You’re anticipating radiant health and a stronger body.
- You’re anticipating more ease with your finances.
Why? Because something magical happens when you project into your future experience like this - you launch a rocket of desire that the Universe actualizes around.
To put it another way: YOU, as a powerful creator, here living your life, will (over the next year) undoubtedly experience all sorts of variety and contrast and give birth to all kinds of new preferences, hopes and dreams.
And when you do (and when you allow yourself to ride that current of desire and feel good while anticipating your success in this new endeavor) the energy that creates worlds, that living “star-stuff” that makes up the Universe, will indeed take the shape of, become, and deliver to you, an exact match to that desire.
It’s kind of a big deal.
So I encourage you to be incredibly DELIBERATE about this whole Resolution business. After all, what you have here, laid out before you, is a fresh clean slate. This is your opportunity to align with the energy of your boldest, purest desires, to turn up the passion and unleash your creative potential like never before.
But, as I mentioned, we Conscious Creators know that there’s a major distinction between “goal setting” and “goal getting” - and it is crucial to recognize the difference between the two and how they MUST work in tandem if they’re going to work at all. The first method is:
Traditional Goal Setting
Think back. Did you set goals for this past year? If so, how many of them came to fruition?
This practice of sitting down to map out your goals and intentions for the new year does offer many benefits, for in the process of setting your goals you:
- gain clarity about what you want,
- focus energy in that direction, and
- let go of old baggage or outdated intentions previously set into motion so that you can create space for future outcomes.
- For one, it’s incomplete. If the achievement of your goal relies too heavily on action steps (versus energetic alignment as the MAIN factor), it is likely that you’ll expend way too much energy and wear yourself out early on in the game - after all, you’ll be missing out on the leverage that aligned thoughts would’ve otherwise awarded you and you’ll have to “work” 10 times as hard to achieve 1/10th of the results. And since like attracts like and what you focus on expands, this heavy, draining energy tends to be self-reinforcing and can lead you to abandon your goals before February even begins.
- On top of that, in traditional goal setting we’re often encouraged to be overly specific, especially on the HOW TO part. Unfortunately, when we narrow our focus to such a specific strategy or outcome, we don’t leave any room for positive surprises or for the highest good to come to us in a slightly different package.
- Most significantly, in traditional goal setting when we make lists of our new goals, we’re typically doing so while focused upon our current “problems” or areas of lack. This focus actually reinforces our experience of a gap between where we are and where we desire to be, which may push the goal even farther away.
Therefore, traditional goal setting on its own won’t get you where you want to go (at least NOT in the most joyful and efficient way). But couple it with the second method - which we’ll cover next - and you’ve got a winning combination.
In a nutshell, it basically consists of spending a fair amount of time achieving energetic alignment with the things, people, opportunities and experiences that you would most like to attract into your life - and you do this before your goal setting session, during the action-step process, and essentially anytime you want to FEEL GOOD and increase your chances of success.
To break this “energetic alignment” thing down even further, you might think of it as a 3-step Intentional Creation process:
- Ask for what you want in the most powerful way (FOCUS ON WHY YOU WANT IT, NOT HOW YOU’RE GOING TO GET IT)
- Move into an energy state that is a match to what you want to receive (FEEL GOOD WHILE YOU ANTICIPATE IT)
- Maintain that high vibration so that what you want can find its way to you. (THINK, SAY & DO THINGS THAT WILL KEEP YOU FEELING GOOD AND ANTICIPATING IT)
May 06, 2013
Finally it seems we are entering into spring. This is a time of great renewal and that includes your yoga practice. Spring is a wonderful time to re-energize your practice with some time-honored techniques. Many of these techniques help to cleanse the body of the sluggishness of winter, much like spring cleaning your house. Try these simple yet effective techniques to clean your energetic house and let that fresh air of spring in.
January 14, 2013
Several of you have asked for this in print. Here you go!
New Year Affirmation
I enter the New Year with the understanding that I am making a fresh start. I begin by discarding thoughts, attitudes, and habits that are not compatible with an excellent life. I let go of whatever caused past discouragement, disappointment, or disagreement. I am open and receptive to new ideas, activities and relationships.
Each day, I can follow a fresh plan of fulfillment. I act on divine ideas that I receive in moments of meditation and inspiration. These ideas flow through positive thoughts. As I use creative thinking to build upon divine ideas, my activities become more dynamic and my abilities are enhanced. Therefore, I enter this New Year with optimism, joy and enthusiasm.
January 02, 2013
November 03, 2012
Also, Aerial Yoga Session I, for January 2013 is FULL. Registration is now open for Session II which runs Mondays Feb. 25th- April 1st, 6-7 p.m. Email or call to find out how to sign up and reserve your spot.
And speaking of Aerial Yoga....amazingly there is ONE spot still left in the last session of this year. It's a short session (5 weeks) due to the holidays so the price is cheaper ($125). It runs November 19-December 17th, Mondays 7:45-8:45 p.m. Who wants to finish the year with a bang? Call or email to fill this spot.....it's just waiting for YOU!
As promised here's the schedule of cancelled and special classes for the end of the year. I hope you can all enjoy the holidays in whatever way is sacred to you....
Monday December 24th---Class Cancelled
Tuesday December 25th---Class Cancelled
Wednesday December 26th---Special Candlelight Holiday Class...open to all levels...6-7:30 p.m.
Monday December 31st--Class Cancelled
Tuesday January 1st --Class Cancelled
Wednesday January 2nd--Special Post Holiday Class...open to all levels 6-7:30 p.m.
Monday January 7th--New Aerial Session Begins 6-7pm
Monday January 7th-- ZEN YOGA begins 7:30-8:30 p.m. Open to all levels, drop in rate. (See previous post for more about Zen Yoga)